Phentermine is a commonly prescribed drug that is used to help people with weight loss. It is classified as a psycho stimulant drug, which means it affects neurological activity in the brain. The brain is the powerhouse of all the systems in the human body, including the digestive system.
Phentermine is classified as an amphetamine and helps to suppress appetite by essentially fooling the brain. It is frequently prescribed as a weight loss/diet pill and has shown to be effective for many patients. It is most often prescribed to individuals who are obese or who may be at risk due to being overweight. Phentermine is most often prescribed as a short-term use prescription and the best results are seen when the user combines the drug with diet changes as well as exercise. While it helps to suppress appetite, it is still very important to ensure that you are eating a healthy and balanced diet that will deliver important vitamins and minerals to your body. Exercise is not only important for weight loss but for overall health, and it is strongly recommended that those who are taking phentermine engage in regular physical activity. As with any weight loss plan, it is best to consult with your doctor regarding changes in diet and exercise.
Many are curious as to what the best diet plan is while taking prescription Phentermine. There is no simple answer to this question. There has been much research with various diets and levels of caloric intake while using Phentermine. Some research has individuals consuming closer to the average 2000 calorie per day diet, while others have examined a dramatically lower level of caloric intake.
For example, a study at UCLA in 2003 examined individuals who were consuming an average of only 500 to 800 calories per day. Other research, like a 2005 Korean study, examined individuals who were consuming an average of ,1500 calories per day. It can be difficult to know exactly what to eat while taking Phentermine, but as always, your doctor should and will have some guidance for you. Most often, individuals who start taking Phentermine will gradually reduce their caloric intake over time. Also, your doctor will more than likely tell you to get all the food groups while focusing most on vegetables, fruits, healthy proteins, complex carbohydrates, and low fat dairy products. The particular amount of food you should be eating will vary depending on your weight, sex, gender, and several other factors, but it is recommended that individuals do not consume less that 1,200 calories per day to remain healthy and to get the proper nutrients that are needed. The following is a list of ideal foods (and drink) to consume while taking Phentermine:
- Water – This is the ideal drink for anyone wanting to lose weight. Many other beverages are loaded with sugars that can make weight loss more difficult.
- Protein – As mentioned above, healthy proteins are ideal. This includes fish, poultry, nuts, eggs, tofu, low fat dairy, and even lean beef.
- Fiber – Fiber is very helpful to the digestive system and also foods high in fiber help to make you feel full.
- Fruits and Vegetables – We have all had this message hounded into our brains almost daily. Fruits and vegetables provide some of the lowest calorie and highest vitamin and mineral content of any food group. Individuals who want to lose weight should have a high amount of vegetables in their diet. Fruits contain sugars, so some will recommend to get your daily fruit intake earlier in the day so you will have the day to burn off energy.
- Alkalizing foods – This is thought to help an individual to better feel the effects of Phentermine such as higher energy and appetite suppression. Some alkalizing foods include nuts, tofu, cinnamon, curry, ginger, mustard, chili pepper, and various herbs.
It is also recommended that individuals taking Phentermine avoid certain foods. These foods include:
- Simple Carbohydrates
- Acidifying Foods
- Tonalin / CLA
- Qsymia Vs. Adipex P
- What’s The Best Way To Lose Weight On Qsymia
- What Is Phentermine
- The Mediterranean Diet Review
- What is Topiramate?
- Vivus – The Makers Of Qsymia
- Qsymia Side Effects
- The Biggest Loser Diet Review
- What’s Cheaper – Phentermine Or Weight Loss Classes
- Qsymia – Phentermine / Topiramate
- Phentermine In Australia
- Phentermine In UK
- How Phentermine Can Help Reduce Anxiety
- Phentermine Q&A
- Weight Loss Results On Adipex P
- Improve Your Sleep On Phentermine